<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Back and Forth 

So - lately things have been a bit crazy around here. One of us is always going somewhere, usually to Mannheim or back. I also had the treat of going away for the weekend with the ladies from our chapel group, PWOC. That was so great, for both me and Kenny. Kenny and Jacob really enjoyed their time together too! I have things I want to blog about, like that weekend as well as a trip to a fabulous park in Mannheim. But no internet access at Kenny's apartment, and I have been out and about almost every day that I have been home. Perhaps next week, as things look like they may be settling down.

Last weekend we were in Mannheim, and tomorrow we are going back. Jacob has a short week due to a holiday on Thursday, so we decided to head back to Mannheim. Although it is only a couple hours away, it is like going to a different country. Bavaria is so .... German ... compared to the Mannheim area. Sure, they speak German there (although it sounds different than the German in our town) but that's about as German as it gets. I see bakeries open on Sunday, stores open until 10 pm ---- yes 10 pm! Walmart, Starbucks, Toys-R-Us, Shopping malls .... I'm not referring to places on military post either. Speaking of the post, that place is heavy with fast food that we often dream of here at little USAG Ansbach. While their PX isn't the biggest or the best, again, it makes ours look like a 7-11. I am convinced that the persons stationed at the base in Mannheim are really being cheated on the true German experience. I have not been cheated here in Bavaria! So, tomorrow we will drop the dogs off at the kennel, and head back west to Germerica, or Amerany. Whatever you want to call it....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?