<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 11, 2005

good weather 

I think you should all be able to assume that if I don't post too often, all is well. This past week the weather kept me away from the computer! It was beautiful and warm, so we stayed outside every afternoon and evening. Over the weekend it proceeded to start raining, and didn't stop for about 24 hours. Kenny went fishing twice (in the rain) and Jacob joined him one time. I had the good sense not to stand out next to the lake in the rain, but probably missed some fun. We also went to Gunzenhausen (a nearby town) to admire the lake there, it is huge. There are quite a few lakes in the area, this one is popular with windsurfers and sailboats. There was a slight pause in the rain, so we walked part of the path around the lake and watched the watersports. There was a little indoor cafe so we had some lunch and then headed back to Ansbach. While in Gunzenhausen we also checked out a nice fishing supply store (Kenny was thrilled) and a bike shop. I would like a new bike, mine is just a pile of problems. But I think they are pretty expensive! I may end up getting one at the PX, unless I find one that is more reasonable. I'm not racing the thing, just riding alongside Jacob to kindergarten, and sometimes doing local errands. So it doesn't need to be fancy, just functional.

Last week Jacob went on a walk with his kindergarten to the next village, where they ate lunch and played on the playground. I was surprised he made it that far walking, he usually gets Kenny to carry him on his shoulders when we are on a long walk. His teacher said he was getting tired on the way back to kindergarten, complaining that his legs were tired... but he made it!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?