<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 25, 2005

Aquarium 

We went Sunday morning to the Sea Life Nürnberg exhibit. It is a somewhat mobile aquarium, it is going to be in Nürnberg for about 3 years. We were a little disappointed, perhaps because it mainly focuses on the North Sea. Not too many pretty colorful fish, and mostly all small ones. But it was a nice way to spend the morning, and Jacob had a fun time.

After that, we headed into the old center of the city, to get some lunch and enjoy the nice weather. It was quite crowded for a Sunday, since most of the shops are closed. The restaurants and cafes were open, and a few of the souvenir shops. We had some lunch and windowshopped, and admired some of the cathedrals. I am always able to find some new feature on them that I didn't notice the first time around, it is really quite amazing. Here is the detail over the doorway of one of them:


This time of year is particularly nice for sightseeing, as all the flowers are blooming like crazy. This building I thought looked really nice, all the matching flower boxes. And even the umbrellas at the restaurant on the bottom floor match!



Unfortunately, the photo just isn't the same as seeing it in person. I just wonder who was in charge of doing all that, and I don't know that I would want that job. I have a hard enough time maintaining my 4 flower boxes. But it seems like everywhere there are flowers, in all colors and types. It really makes you appreciate it after the gray of winter, and is so nice to see.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?