Monday, August 23, 2004
- Jacob has decided he wants to sleep in his bed now, instead of his crib. This was all on his own, and he seems quite happy about it. Now the dogs keep trying to jump in with him, and that is just not going to work.
- Summer is over... we are staying around 70 degrees each day. I'm not complaining, it's great weather with lots of sunshine. But too cool for the outside pools for sure. So we are going to try out some of the indoor ones soon. There are plenty of those around.
- Two little neighbor boys came over today and were rattling on to me in German. I finally got them to slow down and discovered they wanted to see the dogs. So they came in the back yard and played with the dogs for a while. Then they started playing with some other stuff and having a great time. I realized I had no idea how to tell them to leave... so I threw together some words and they seemed to get the point. Hopefully I wasn't rude, they were having a good time.
- We drove through the vineyard region up to Wurzburg yesterday, it was very beautiful. The vines are thriving right now, and it is so green. Combined with the blue skies it was great scenery for the drive.
- Cuban pork, black beans and rice for dinner tonight...our commissary actually sells the "mojo" marinade by GOYA that makes the pork "cuban style". We have to be resourceful to try and replicate our favorite things here. I guess this is how the settlers in covered wagons did it too, although they probably had it a little harder. No indians, harsh elements and diseases to deal with here LOL
- I took the truck to have the oil changed on Friday to the local Toyota dealer. This is no quickie 30 min lube place to be sure. It requires an appt usually a week or so in advance, and a couple hours of time. Plus I bring my own oil (purchased on the military base) which saves some on the price also. Luckily the Toyota dealer is about a 15 minute walk from downtown Ansbach so Jacob and I spent the morning down there to pass the time.
I could ramble on all day with these minor things but it's time to go outside and enjoy the weather. It won't be too long and I will be writing that it is snowing and cold, and I will have plenty of time to mess with the computer.