<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Another cold and rainy day, but it is bearable since Spring is just around the corner. Our women's group at church had a "Moms Day out" again so Jacob went there for a few hours, while I did some errands and then went to window shop at the Bruecken Center. It's a small mall that was built the last time we were here, on land that used to have an American military base. Hindenburg Kaserne was the name I believe. I mainly window shopped, and then went into an Italian place for some lunch before I picked Jacob up. You get your food at the counter, and then look for a seat. The place was packed but there was a man and older lady sitting at a table for 5 and they offered me a seat. (The Germans often share tables, a nice custom I think). The man spoke some English and was very nice, as he was leaving he said, "Have a nice day and don't do anything I wouldn't do!" I thought that was pretty funny, considering he tells me he doesn't speak alot of English, but he knows that. I thought the lady was with him, but she wasn't, so she stayed at the table. We exchanged a few words and she taught me a few German words, and I noticed she was all done eating. But as I finished up I realized she was waiting until I was done so I wouldn't be alone. How sweet was that? So we said Auf Weidersehen and went our separate ways. It was a nice ending to my morning. When I picked Jacob up he presented me with his art work that he made, he really is in to the arts and crafts they do. So he had a nice time too!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?