<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 26, 2004

Well, our vehicle made it and is officially registered with USAREUR (US Army Europe), which was quite the task. It took 4 trips total to the vehicle registration office, one of which was to punch holes in the license plate. It doesn't come with holes, that was really weird. When the Toyota was delivered, the driver brought it right to my door, no small feat with a huge car carrier full of vehicles. Our street is rather narrow and curvy, but he made it. Some of the neighbors came out to watch the unloading and reloading of the truck, very exciting stuff for the kids. They were all very nice, I hope to see more of them as the weather warms up and everyone starts to venture out. Kenny is back to regular hours as of today, no more 12 hour days. While the overtime was nice, he was very tired and it seemed as if he was never home.
I'm not sure but I think I was reprimanded yesterday by the German man working at the gas station. We normally use the gas station on the post, (gas is about 1/2 of what the locals pay) but I was in a rental car and you must get certain paperwork to use the American gas station. So, I had to fill the car up before I returned it and just stopped at the nearest station. All of my euros were wadded up in my pocket, so when I went in to pay I fished them out, smoothed them best I could, and set them on the counter to pay. He just looked at them and started rattling on and the only word I picked out was something about a wallet - I'm guessing he thinks I shouldn't keep my euros in my pocket. I just smiled, said "Danke" and went on my way, he was still muttering when I left. But I did put the rest of my euros in my wallet after that.
It has been snowing off and on the past few days, usually at midday it warms up enough to melt some of the snow. So at least we have some sunshine inbetween the snow showers. The heavier snow comes at night, you never know what you are going to wake up to!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?